Business Intelligence came into market with an excellent features to assist organization. Traditionally, it became a very difficult task for an organizations to handle the lots of data and access the information. BI came up with the solution to categorize the data and made available to users. There are many other technologies also stood in competition with BI such as SAP, SAS, IBM, Microstrategy, Birst, Alteryx, Domo, GoodDAta, Salesforce, Board International, Sisense, Pyramid Analytics, Information Builders, Yellowfin, Platfora, Datawatch, Logi Analytics, IBM, ClearStory Data, Pentaho, TIBCO Software, BeyondCore, Qlikview and Tableau. All these provides the same solution but with unique features. Qlikview and Tableau are the latest innovations in the field which are growing rapid in the market. Tableau offering a unique features with visualization.
Everyday analytics field is dynamically accelerate everyday making it cumbersome for the vendors to deliver better and customized Business Intelligence Tools. These services are providing by many vendors, but with the growing need of enterprise needs a high range of efficiency that can execute the analytics domain. Among these vendors the most popular Business Intelligence tools are Tableau and Microsoft Power BI which are leading the analytics field in current situation. While on other hand enhanced this field with its user friendly features, Power BI came with similar set of visualization tools giving a hard competition to its competitors.
Tableau vs Power BI:
Both Tableau and Power BI are popular vendors, with excellent visualization features. Still people are preferring Tableau than Power BI. But why?
Here are some of the differences between Power BI and Tableau features:
- Power BI is a cloud based BI platform delivering complete view of critical data. Tableau is a suite of intuitive BI tools utilized for data discovery.
- Power BI provides various visualizations, it offers a large set of visualizations compared to Power BI.
- Power BI supports only Windows, while on the other hand it supports windows and Machintosh OS.
- Power BI provides graphical features like regular charts, graphs and maps, while on the other hand it can make any kind of charts bars and graphs.
- PowerBI is cheaper when compared to Tableau.
Tableau focus not only on just creating a picture, but they want to create picture the means of communicating the data and a way to ask questions of the data. Both technologies one are the same in functionalities prospective but still you can find huge difference between them.
Tableau is always at upper hand when comes to visualization abilities, cost, graphical measures etc. There are other factors which makes Power BI short fall such as:
Data visualization is limited to only 3,500 data points exceeding which the data gets refined automatically. While Tableau has no limits.
Here are some of Power BI drawbacks when compared with other Tools:
- Difficulty in performing complex calculations, that needs a new language DAX to be learned.
- Limited graphical features that restricts users to perform complex analysis.
- No Forecasting support.
- No Comparison of multiple categories at a time.
- Lack of customizations features for editing pop ups that leads to misinterpretations.
- Absence of narration of the data story.
- Doesn’t support “what if” analysis.
- No analyses in offline.
We at KernelTraining offers various IT and technical course from real time faculty at your own pace.